Disposable medical face mask standard. It is required to cover the mouth, nose, and jaw. It prevents the user from exhaling pollutants from the mouth and nose. This standard of face mask is applicable in the general medical environment.
How to differentiate Made in China “Disposable Mask” available in Malaysia market.
According to the definition of the "Standardization Law of the People's Republic of China": disposable mask standards include National standards, Industry standards, Group standards.
Standard requirement ranking from high to low : National standards → Industry standards → Group standards. Below are common standards of Made in China disposable mask available in the market through Authentic reseller (: Due diligence is still strongly suggested to perform on the source of company and certification)
1. National standard - GB/T 32610-2016
2. Industry standard - YY/T 0969-2013
3. Group standards - T/CTA 7-2019
During this Coronavirus Pandemic, Chinese Covid-19 expert Zhong Nanshan (钟南山) strongly suggested to use
YY/T 0969-2013 as daily disposable mask.
1. National Standards - National standards refer to standards that are adopted and publicly released by national agencies.
The compulsory national standards are technical requirements for guaranteeing personal health, life and property safety, national safety, ecological environment safety, and meeting the basic needs of economic and social management. Recommended national standards are technical requirements to meet the needs of basic universality, matching with mandatory national standards, and leading the relevant industries.
Mandatory national standard code: GB
Recommended national standard code: GB/T
GB is the Chinese Pinyin abbreviation of "National Standard", "T" is the recommended meaning
"Civil protective mask standard GB/T 32610-2016 refer to Daily protective mask technical specifications, GB 2626-2006 refer to respiratory protective equipment self-priming filter anti-particulate respirator, mainly for particulate protection, in this Coronavirus prevention Control plays an important role."
2. Industry Standards - Industry standards refer to technical requirements that do not have recommended national standards and need to be unified within the industry across the country.
The industry standard is a supplement to the national standard and is a unified standard in the industry across the country. The industry standards shall be abolished on their own after the implementation of the corresponding national standards. At present, the standardization administrative department of the State Council has approved the issuance of standard codes for 67 industries. In the past, there were also mandatory and recommended standards for industry standards. In the latest version of the Standardization Law that came into effect on January 1, 2018, mandatory industry standards have been removed.
The recommended industry standard for medical devices: YY/T
YY is the Chinese pinyin abbreviation of "medicine".
"At present, Chinese mask standards mainly regulate civil protection and medical protection. The medical field standards GB 19083-2010 "Technical Requirements for Medical Protective Masks", YY 0469-2011 "Medical-Surgical Masks", YY/T 0969-2013 "Disposable medical masks" is mainly applicable to medical institutions."
3. Group standards - Group standards are standards that are independently formulated and published by the group in accordance with the standard-setting procedures established by the group and are adopted voluntarily by society. Social groups can formulate group standards in the absence of national standards, industry standards, and local standards to quickly respond to innovation and market demand for standards, and existing standards are blank. The state encourages social groups to formulate group standards that are stricter than national and industry standards, to lead the development of industries and enterprises, and to enhance the market competitiveness of products and services. The group standard number is composed of the group standard code (T), the social group code, the group standard sequence number, and the year number in turn. The social group code in the group standard number should be legal and unique, and should not overlap with the existing standard code, and should not overlap with the existing social group code on the national group standard information platform.
- 国家标准 – GB/T 32610-2016
- 行业标准 – YY/T 0969-2013
- 团体标准 – T/CTA 7-2019
YY / T 0969-2013作为日常一次性口罩。
- 国家标准 - 国家标准是指由国家机构通过并公开发布的标准。
“民用防护型口罩标准GB/T 32610—2016《日常防护型口罩技术规范》、GB 2626—2006《呼吸防护用品自吸过滤式防颗粒物呼吸器》，主要适用于颗粒物防护，在此次疫情防控中发挥了重要作用。”
- 行业标准 - 行业标准是指没有推荐性国家标准、需要在全国某个行业范围内统一的技术要求。
“目前，中国口罩标准主要规范民用防护和医用防护两大领域。医用领域标准GB 19083—2010《医用防护口罩技术要求》、YY 0469—2011《医用外科口罩》、YY/T 0969—2013《一次性使用医用口罩》，主要适用于医疗机构。” 摘自 http://www.gov.cn/xinwen/2020-03/24/content_5494791.htm
“T/CTCA 7-2019标准适用于在日常生活中滤除花粉、柳絮、细菌颗粒物和阻隔鼻腔或口腔呼出或喷出污染物所佩 戴的防护型口罩。”